ICM 7 webview call type report for only 50 previous days ?

Answered Question
Jul 2nd, 2010

Hi,

One of our customer using webview for call reports on ICM7 want to see as many days we can in Call Type Daily Report.

At this time we have 50days.

I can't find in ICM/webview documentation if this is a software limitation or if we can increase it.

Does someone knows if we can increase this value ?

Thank you.

Julien

I have this problem too.
0 votes

Juste an other question about the file, we have a lot of space available on this server with actual HDD.

To be sure and don't erase anything i create an other file on the same HDD and now we have more datas.

OK, that's good.

The customer need a lot of call history so we want to assign more space for logs but i'm not sure i can change the value of the data file just like that.

I just want to be sure that this modification won't erase previous datas ?

Do you mean the transaction log? Do you want to expand it? That's not a problem. Do it after close of business though.

Regards,

Geoff

It's nothing to do with WebView, but everything to do with the HDS.

On your HDS, run ICMDBA and select the _hds database. Examine "Space Used Summary". Look at the Call_Type_Half_Hour table. How many days retention do you see?

Use SQL Enterprise Manager and check the properties of the database. Is it at 80% or more? If so, the HDS is purging data. If you have more space on your drives, add another data file to the database so it drops to 50% or so space used.

If you don't have any more space, add another pair of drives and add the data file.

If neither is possible, adjust the retention days on tables you don't wish to keep for as long as your call type tables to try to control what the HDS purges and what it keeps.

Regards,

Geoff

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer

It's nothing to do with WebView, but everything to do with the HDS.

On your HDS, run ICMDBA and select the _hds database. Examine "Space Used Summary". Look at the Call_Type_Half_Hour table. How many days retention do you see?

Use SQL Enterprise Manager and check the properties of the database. Is it at 80% or more? If so, the HDS is purging data. If you have more space on your drives, add another data file to the database so it drops to 50% or so space used.

If you don't have any more space, add another pair of drives and add the data file.

If neither is possible, adjust the retention days on tables you don't wish to keep for as long as your call type tables to try to control what the HDS purges and what it keeps.

Regards,

Geoff

Julien GUERIN Wed, 07/07/2010 - 01:21

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your help.

Juste an other question about the file, we have a lot of space available on this server with actual HDD.

To be sure and don't erase anything i create an other file on the same HDD and now we have more datas.

The customer need a lot of call history so we want to assign more space for logs but i'm not sure i can change the value of the data file just like that.

Thank you for your return.

Julien

Correct Answer

OK, that's good.

Do you mean the transaction log? Do you want to expand it? That's not a problem. Do it after close of business though.

Regards,

Geoff

Julien GUERIN Thu, 07/08/2010 - 00:11

Yes Geoff i meant the data file size.

I have a 160Gb HDD but only 10% used at this time.

I will see to increase the data file size.

Thank you for your help.

Julien

Julien GUERIN Thu, 07/08/2010 - 06:35

At this time the data file is at 1400Mb only

We will increase the size of the file to appropriate size for the customer.

Nathan Luk Fri, 07/09/2010 - 00:56

Yeh check the retention periods on each of the tables, sounds like they might be low. You can find them in the registry on the AW in:

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\ICM\ucce\Distributor\RealTimeDistributor\CurrentVersion\Recovery\CurrentVersion\Purge\Retain

Cheers,

Nathan

Actions

This Discussion