Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy Based Routing On Cisco 3560 Switch

PRASAD BAIT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having cisco 3560 switch and I have two ISPs. From that ISP A has two links on two different interfaces on cisco 3560 switch. Out of that one is primary link and second one is secondary. Also I have ISP B coming on the same switch. I have to configure Routing on 3560 switch such that traffic coming from certain source should go through ISP A primary link and if primary link fails it should go from ISP A secondary link. And the remaining traffic specific to ISP B should be routed through ISP B.

8 Replies 8

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Prasad

Since the 2960 is a layer 2 only switch (no capability at layer 3) I believe that you will not be able to configure Policy Based Routing on this switch.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

Sorry i gave you wrong information. I have 6224 switch and i need to do this on 6224 switch

Prasad

Hi Rick,

Sorry I gave you the wrong information. I am having cisco 6224 switch.

Prasad

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 10:08 AM, rburts

Prasad

The Cisco 6224 is a blade for a switch chassis. Can you provide specific information about the switch chassis in which the 6224 will work?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am having cisco 2960 switch and i have two ISP. From that ISP A have two links on two different interfaces on cisco 2960 switch out of that one is primary link and second one is secondary. Also I have ISP B coming on 2960 switch. I have to configure Policy based Routing on 2960 switch such that traffic coming from certain Vlans should go through ISP A primary link and if primary link is failed it should go from ISP A secondary link. Also traffic coming remaining Vlans should go from ISP B.

Hi,

As suggested by Rick you cannot do PBR with 2960 switch as it a L2 switch and for PBR to be work you need the enhanced image for PBR with L3 functionality of the switch.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Hi,

I have edited the thread with correct and specific information.

Hi,

I have edited the thread with correct and specific information.

Hi Prasad,

Check out the below link for PBR configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/qos/configuration/guide/qcfpbr_ps1835_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

you can follow this post also:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8313;jsessionid=932B87819E43D75EB992A201577C4923.node0

its about dual internet links with PBR abd IP SLA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco