Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum of simultaneous users VPDN by router models

garciahernan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am looking for what is de maximun of simultaneous user of VPDN support a determinate router model, I am designing a very large solution that requiere vpdn using L2TP, the maximun user in my solutions is up 15000, and i need to now what model of router i have to use. I have been looking for but i could not find the answer. If any of you know the answer, i appretiate it.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Hernán García

Solutions Architect

1 Reply 1

charlesdf22
Level 1
Level 1

It's not exactly what you're looking for... but I think it's about as close are you're going to get.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6635/ps7180/prod_brochure09186a00801f0a72.html

Almost to the bottom, it lists all of Cisco VPN devices and how many tunnels they can support.

I kind of wonder if using multiple ASA's with the optimal gateway checkbox would be ideal in this case.  That would give you the 15k and possible allow you to put the concentration point closer to the user.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: