RV042 VPN- client to private network connection failed

Unanswered Question
Jul 2nd, 2010

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Ladies and gentlemen!

I bought the Cisco RV042 router about 2 weeks ago and i'm trying, unfortunately without success, to establish a VPN connection from an other network to my home network over the internet.The cisco telephone service couldnt also help me.

I have also updated the firmware to the latest version.

The following configurations have been carried out unsuccessfully:

1) VPN connection via QuickVPN:

Creating a User in the router interface and tested to Connect via QuickVPN but the connection failed...

2) Client-to-gateway VPN connection with the following settings:
• New Group VPN Client to Gateway tunnel created
• Local Security Group: IP and Subnet Mask of the LAN network registered
• Remote Client Setup: registered email address

•   Phase 1 DH Group: Group2
    • Phase 1 Encryption: AES-256
    • Phase1 Authentication: SHA1
    • Phase1 SA Life Time: 28800
    • Perfect Forward Secrecy enabled
    • Phase2 DH Group: Group2
    • Phase2 Encryption: AES-256
    • Phase2 Authentication: SHA1
    • Phase2 SA Lifetime: 3600
    • Preshared Key: 12345678

These values were also set at the client program (Greenbow VPN client entered but creating a connection failed too)

Now I wanted to ask you:
• Did I forget  any other important settings? (firewall settings, etc.)
• how can i get a Cisco VPN Client Software because the Greenbow VPN client seems quite unprofessional
• Could there  be  any compatibility problems with Windows 7? and how i could rectify them and which OS is recommended for the QuickVPN connection....

I hope that I have described my problem well enough and you can help me any.

best regards,

Thomas

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted July 2, 2010 at 2:45 PM
Stats:
Replies:0 Avg. Rating:
Views:724 Votes:0