Add Phones using BAT failing after 15 records

Answered Question
Jul 2nd, 2010

I'm running CUCM 7.1.3 and am trying to update the Primary DN for approx. 240 existing phones. Basically I created these phones with a *XXXXX DN for the purpose of TAP'ing them. The DNs without the "*" existing in the dial plan on a trunk to a Nortel PBX. We have removed the routing to the Nortel and now I want to configure the phones with their actual DNs.

So here's how I'm going about updating the DNs:

1. Export phones with all details

2. Open file as .csv (get error that says Excel can't open all records - not sure if this is a problem)

3. Remove the * for the DNs

4. Upload file as "Add Phones, All Details"

5. Run job "Insert Phones, All Details, Overwrite Existing Information"

Every time I run this job, the first 15 records in the file get updated no problem. The rest of the .csv file fails with the following error:

SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX Record does not match the file format selected.

No matter how I order the .csv or even delete the first 15 records and re-upload, re-run the job, the first 15 records pass and everything else fails with the same error.

I'm stumped.



I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by rob.huffman about 6 years 3 months ago

Hey Mike,

Check out the bug in this thread



  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Michael Murray Tue, 07/06/2010 - 08:15

Thanks Rob. I ended up updating the users 15 at a time just as a workaround. I'll have to try the fix in the thread when I get some time to see if it works.



This Discussion

Related Content