cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Phones using BAT failing after 15 records

Michael Murray
Level 2
Level 2

I'm running CUCM 7.1.3 and am trying to update the Primary DN for approx. 240 existing phones. Basically I created these phones with a *XXXXX DN for the purpose of TAP'ing them. The DNs without the "*" existing in the dial plan on a trunk to a Nortel PBX. We have removed the routing to the Nortel and now I want to configure the phones with their actual DNs.

So here's how I'm going about updating the DNs:

1. Export phones with all details

2. Open file as .csv (get error that says Excel can't open all records - not sure if this is a problem)

3. Remove the * for the DNs

4. Upload file as "Add Phones, All Details"

5. Run job "Insert Phones, All Details, Overwrite Existing Information"

Every time I run this job, the first 15 records in the file get updated no problem. The rest of the .csv file fails with the following error:

SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX Record does not match the file format selected.

No matter how I order the .csv or even delete the first 15 records and re-upload, re-run the job, the first 15 records pass and everything else fails with the same error.

I'm stumped.

Thanks,

-mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Mike,

Check out the bug in this thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1137466#1137466

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob. I ended up updating the users 15 at a time just as a workaround. I'll have to try the fix in the thread when I get some time to see if it works.

-mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: