cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone know how to disable DHCP on a Cisco SRP527W

marknesbitt
Level 1
Level 1

The manual talks about disabling DHCP but i can't find anywhere that switches it off. We want to have one switch port for the clients PC and IP Phone and have each use a different router to access the internet. We will use the clients current router to provide DHCP for the PC's and assign static IP Addresses to the IP phones with the gateway being the new router (SRP527W). Since we can't have two DHCP servers on the network I need to disable the feature on the SRP527.

Anyone have any idea's?

3 Replies 3

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Navigate to Interface Settings > LAN > VLAN Settings and change the Address Type setting for the VLAN from DHCP Server to Static IP Address.

Cheers,

Dave.

Sorry to bunny hop on to this post but when you disable the DHCP and change to static or dynamic the router is taken is no longer accessable, is this because the router no longer has the default ip of 192.168.15.1 or on the same subnet. Also what is the difference between static and dynamic

Thanks, this is what I was looking for !

In response to Alex Chan : When you change VLAN1 to static IP, the router will get the number that you fill in there.

Cheers !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: