Helpful
Replies

several regarding of ospf

syjeon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team.

I have a several question.

first of all, We have a boundary router what have a two ospf process itself., ospf 1 and ospf 2.

for several security concern, we decide to divide ospf process at HQ, and branch office.

1. when We redistribute from ospf 2 to ospf 1, if ospf 2 has default-route, all network from ospf 2 to ospf 1 but except default-route Right?

2. If we would like to perform that ospf 2 has just only default route toward ospf 1, just only configure 'default-information originate' on boundary router?

3. I would like to know the exact knowledge, the difference of between redi. default-route and default-information originate.

4. On some device, I check that when I redistribute default-route on that, the default-route was advertised to all same ospf process.

but, on other device, redi. default-route didn't work, So We have to use 'default-information originate',

Is it related 'IOS' ?

Please let me know ASAP

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. when We redistribute from ospf 2 to ospf 1, if ospf 2 has default-route, all network from ospf 2 to ospf 1 but except default-route Right?

Correct.

2. If we would like to perform that ospf 2 has just only default route toward ospf 1, just only configure 'default-information originate' on boundary router?

Correct. Caveat, you must have a 0.0.0.0 in the RIB for the default-information originate to work. If you have default-information originate always, then a default route will be provided even if you had no 0.0.0.0 in the RIB.

. I would like to know the exact knowledge, the difference of between redi. default-route and default-information originate.

You can't redistribute the default route in OSPF, the only way is to issue a default-information originate and I explained above, there is a 'always' keyword.

4. On some device, I check that when I redistribute default-route on that, the default-route was advertised to all same ospf process.

but, on other device, redi. default-route didn't work, So We have to use 'default-information originate',

Is it related 'IOS'

That's not an expected behavior and I will love to see the config outputs. You can't redistribute the default into OSPF.

Regards,

Edison

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: