Helpful
Replies

several regarding of ospf

syjeon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team.

I have a several question.

first of all, We have a boundary router what have a two ospf process itself., ospf 1 and ospf 2.

for several security concern, we decide to divide ospf process at HQ, and branch office.

1. when We redistribute from ospf 2 to ospf 1, if ospf 2 has default-route, all network from ospf 2 to ospf 1 but except default-route Right?

2. If we would like to perform that ospf 2 has just only default route toward ospf 1, just only configure 'default-information originate' on boundary router?

3. I would like to know the exact knowledge, the difference of between redi. default-route and default-information originate.

4. On some device, I check that when I redistribute default-route on that, the default-route was advertised to all same ospf process.

but, on other device, redi. default-route didn't work, So We have to use 'default-information originate',

Is it related 'IOS' ?

Please let me know ASAP

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. when We redistribute from ospf 2 to ospf 1, if ospf 2 has default-route, all network from ospf 2 to ospf 1 but except default-route Right?

Correct.

2. If we would like to perform that ospf 2 has just only default route toward ospf 1, just only configure 'default-information originate' on boundary router?

Correct. Caveat, you must have a 0.0.0.0 in the RIB for the default-information originate to work. If you have default-information originate always, then a default route will be provided even if you had no 0.0.0.0 in the RIB.

. I would like to know the exact knowledge, the difference of between redi. default-route and default-information originate.

You can't redistribute the default route in OSPF, the only way is to issue a default-information originate and I explained above, there is a 'always' keyword.

4. On some device, I check that when I redistribute default-route on that, the default-route was advertised to all same ospf process.

but, on other device, redi. default-route didn't work, So We have to use 'default-information originate',

Is it related 'IOS'

That's not an expected behavior and I will love to see the config outputs. You can't redistribute the default into OSPF.

Regards,

Edison

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card