cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Having trouble with ftp sites

jancarpenter
Level 1
Level 1

I have had trouble downloading from ftp sites for some time.  I thought it was a problem with my particular computer, but if I log onto another network (other than the one I have set up for my small business), I can download perfectly.  Is this perhaps some setting I have set up incorrectly with my router (Linksys RVS4000)?  I am using Vista, but also have the same problem with Window 7.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jan

Checking the TCP window size as suggested by Shivlu is a fine place to start. But if it were the window size setting of your PC then I would expect that you would also have problems when connected to other networks.

Some routers do filtering of traffic. I am not familiar with the  RVS4000. But I believe that it is quite likely that there might be some setting on your router which is creating this problem. If you experience the same problem with several computers (mention of both Vista and Windows 7 suggests multiple computers) then I would consider it even more likely that it is some setting on the router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

Just check the TCP window size.

regards

Shivlu Jain

http://www.mplsvpn.info

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jan

Checking the TCP window size as suggested by Shivlu is a fine place to start. But if it were the window size setting of your PC then I would expect that you would also have problems when connected to other networks.

Some routers do filtering of traffic. I am not familiar with the  RVS4000. But I believe that it is quite likely that there might be some setting on your router which is creating this problem. If you experience the same problem with several computers (mention of both Vista and Windows 7 suggests multiple computers) then I would consider it even more likely that it is some setting on the router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried a few changes, then switched them back and rebooted and now it works

.  Not exactly sure why that would be, but it's fixed, so I'm happy!  Thx.

Jan

I am glad that it is fixed. I am not sure why a reboot fixed it but the good news is that it is now working. Thanks for posting back to the forum indicating that it was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a problem and can know from the rating that there was a solution to the problem.

I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card