Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SA 540 clientless ssl vpn on other browser that IE

I got the ssl vpn working on IE but can't seem to get with working with Firefox 3.6.6 and Safari 5. Why is there not any browser specific resources for this solution. Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Gaston Bougie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Yves,

Can you provide us with more information what you configured, and what the problem is?

Regards,

Gaston

I can logon fine but when i click on the icon to trigger the VPN i get a 'Virtual Passage Execution Failed ". error message. I am just trying to login the VPN in Firefox. Works fine in IE. Thank you!

Hi

I also have the same issue with a Win7 32bit Firefox. I  logon to the site and click the "SSL VPN Tunnel Client Installer /  Launcher" icon. Two warnning messages will popup saying software is  unsigned or something. After I clicked ok then run, I will get a pop  message says "Installation Failed     Error: Virtual Passage Execution  Failed."

Here is the Java Console Message,

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20
Using JRE version 1.6.0_20-b02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\cchen
----------------------------------------------------
c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
x:   clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to
----------------------------------------------------

Arch : x86
Home : C:\Users\cchen
Display Name is:Cisco-SSLVPN-Tunnel
Company Name is:Cisco
Product Name is:Cisco-SSLVPN
C:\Users\cchen\CiscoCisco-SSLVPN-Tunnel\
Cisco-SSLVPN-Tunnel
getDocumentBase().getHost() : vpn.affinitysolutions.com
server_port : 443
getDocumentBase().getPort() : -1
Source URL : https://vpn.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com:443/
C:\Users\cchen\CiscoCisco-SSLVPN-Tunnel\ exists : true
Created Directory : C:\Users\cchen\CiscoCisco-SSLVPN-Tunnel\
Could not find Manifest file
Decompressing SSLDrv.sys
Decompressing SSLDrv.cat
Decompressing XTunnel.dll
Decompressing UninstallVTPassage.exe
Decompressing SSLDrv.txt
Decompressing VirtualPassageExe.exe
DES-CBC-SHA
EasyAccess
No of route entries : 1
No of routev6 entries : 0
About to execute : C:\Users\cchen\CiscoCisco-SSLVPN-Tunnel\VirtualPassageExe.exe ; 1 vpn.affinitysolutions.com RBlN81GrfOJJKPWJVwRMgw==::::cchen 10.254.2.200 10.254.2.249 1 443 0 0 afs 0.0.0.0 0 Cisco-SSLVPN-Tunnel Cisco Cisco-SSLVPN DES-CBC-SHA EasyAccess 1 172.16.1.0 255.255.255.0 0
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Users\cchen\CiscoCisco-SSLVPN-Tunnel\VirtualPassageExe.exe": CreateProcess error=740, The requested operation requires elevation
C:\Users\cchen\CiscoCisco-SSLVPN-Tunnel\VirtualPassageExe.exe execution failed...!

IE works fine in this machine.

Please Help!!

Thanks

The solution is to run Firefox as an administrator. I have not been too pleased with this device; actually very disatisfied and disapointed in Cisco. I have taken the device offline and replaced with our old 1721. Found nemerous issues with the device. Just to name another; the login screen does not have aurocomplete off and therefore caches the user credentials. Essentially a wide open door into your "secure network". I could go on i have a list of a half a dozen.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: