cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selecting route to Internet on MPLS

jeff.carr
Level 1
Level 1

We have multiple sites connecting to an MPLS cloud. All sites are running BGP. The two main locations, site A and site B, have an Internet connection. The three branch locations, sites C, D and E, are without their own local Internet connection and are getting access through a site that does.

We would like to be able to have branch site C access the Internet through main site A, and branch sites D and E access the Internet through main site B. Please see the attached image to clarify this scenario.

Right now main site B is known on the MPLS cloud as the primary route to the Internet, and main site A is known as a secondary route to the Internet. This setup is working fine, we would just like to implement this new level of complexity. I must concede that it has been told to me that this solution cannot be implemented. I would be completely satisfied if someone knows of a way to make this work, but I would be able to move forward with confirmation that it cannot be done.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jeff,

only the SP could do this you cannot do it working on CE nodes only.

the SP could increase local preference for the route learned by PE of site A (on PE node serving site C) to have it chosen locally as the best path to default route instead of SiteB.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jeff,

only the SP could do this you cannot do it working on CE nodes only.

the SP could increase local preference for the route learned by PE of site A (on PE node serving site C) to have it chosen locally as the best path to default route instead of SiteB.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Understood. That makes sense. Thanks for the insight, Giuseppe.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card