Views
Helpful
Replies

IVR VXML Interpreter problem

antonio.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are developing a VXML application invoked from IVR VMXL interpreter. Our problem occurs when we want to use # key. The poblem is when wue press this key the VXML interpreter ignore this. If we associate the same action to the * key it works fine. The problem is related to # key.

Is this key reserved from IVR VXML interpreter?

Has anyboby experienced this issue?

My CCX/IVR version is 7.01 SR5.

Could anybody help me?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

In the VXML standard, the # key (pound in the US, hash in the rest of the world) is defined as the termination character (termchar) for DTMF entry. If you are asking callers to enter (say) an account number which has between 5 and 8 digits, you need to know when they have finished. The normal thing to do is to allow them to enter # to say that they have finished.

I strongly suggest you don't use this key for another purpose.

But if you do need to, you must tell the VXML browser that the key does not have the usual role. The syntax is defined by the VXML standard. You can set the termchar to empty as follows;

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

In the VXML standard, the # key (pound in the US, hash in the rest of the world) is defined as the termination character (termchar) for DTMF entry. If you are asking callers to enter (say) an account number which has between 5 and 8 digits, you need to know when they have finished. The normal thing to do is to allow them to enter # to say that they have finished.

I strongly suggest you don't use this key for another purpose.

But if you do need to, you must tell the VXML browser that the key does not have the usual role. The syntax is defined by the VXML standard. You can set the termchar to empty as follows;

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff for yor quick response.

If I have understood you correctly, I need to redefine the key from our VXML application. Is this correct?

Thanks again.

Best regards.

Antonio

Thank you Geoff. All work fine after introduce the sentence tha you have t

old me.

Regards

No worries. It's worth having a read through the VXML 2.0 standard. Lots of interesting things there (like fetchaudio).

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: