cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proxy Phone ASA

juand-her
Level 1
Level 1

If I have two or more phones using ASA Proxy Phone I could make what the traffic RTP o STP between phone1 and phone not have that go to ASA Proxy? this is for reduce the traffic in the WAN Connection between Phone1 or Phone2 with the ASA.

CCM <-> (ASA Proxy) <-> (Phone1 and Phone2)

Thanks you,

JJ hernandez.

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For all phone proxy calls, the RTP needs to go through the ASA because it will be using the MTA address configured on the ASA to proxy the RTP stream.

halijenn wrote:

For all phone proxy calls, the RTP needs to go through the ASA because it will be using the MTA address configured on the ASA to proxy the RTP stream.

Thanks you for the information. do you know any other option  that I can make in this?

Thanks you,

JJ Hernández G.

Unfortunately not in the phone proxy solution as ASA phone proxy function is to proxy the call for both signaling and RTP to ensure that signalling and RTP is encrypted on the internet, and the ASA is the device that handles those proxy communication.

From the ASA point of view, there is no workaround, but in order to  decrease the network utilization on the phones/ASA bandwidth you can  actually configure the region on the phones to use g.729 on the call  manager, making the phones to use less bandwidth when they connect the  audio streams.

I hope this will be helpful.

Regards,

Luis Sandi

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card