cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP521 Configuration

ciscojoe837
Level 1
Level 1

My AP521 is not showing in the CCA even though it shows in the Topology.  How can I get it to show? 

Second,  I don't really care so much about the CCA so how do I configure the AP at the command line?  I need to change two things:

1,  Default username and password

2,  The name of the AP

I can't even seem to find how to change these using the web browser.  Everything else is there but the AP name and changing the username and password.  In any case, I'd still like to know how to get into the command line on the AP.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joseph,

You will need a console cable to be able to access the system via command line, once in there you will also need to change the following:

username Cisco password 7 13261E010803

Before you delete the default one, create a new one, logon via the web browser and make sure you can access the system with the new credentials without any issues, and that you have full admin rights as well.

You will also need to change this one:

hostname Aironet

And if you want to change the SSID you should change the following:

dot11 ssid AP521
   authentication open
   authentication key-management wpa version 2
  guest-mode
   wpa-psk ascii 7 010101010101010101010101010101

ssid AP521

You can view all your configuration settings once you get to the CLI, just type on the command line "sh run" and it will produce your config on the screen, you will need putty or something similar.

Please make sure you backup your configuration before proceeding to make any changes.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

I forgot the biggest problem actually:  I can get to the command line and would type in the commands but when I type config t nothing happens.  I can do the sh run and dir and reload etc, but I can't get into config mode to change the config.  If you know how to do that I can handle the rest.

Thanks.

Hi Joseph,

Silly question

Is the command prompt looking like this: ROUTER#

Or is the command prompt looking like this: ROUTER>

If it is the second one, then you need to do the following:

ROUTER>en "enter"

If you are asked for a username and password put one in, this should put you in executive mode.

Also is the AP configured in the "controller-based mode" or "standalone mode" standalone mode is the one where you can configure much more on the device I believe (I am not entirely certain as I do not work with wireless AP's a lot).

To swap between modes you need different IOS so check your elegibality on wheter you can upgrade/downgrade between IOS modes.

This is about the best I can offer, I am not a very clued up person when it comes to Wireless AP's I am being forced to learn it, and I can assure you not so willingly either

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

I work with the command line on the UC520 so the below items you mentioned have been covered.  It's standalone as well.

If I figure it out I'll repost.

Thanks anyway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: