Views
Helpful
Replies

ANI Server failed, CiscoWorks homepage blank

piconet006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are using LMS2.6. Now can't start ANIServer. Whenever we tried to start ANIServer with this command "pdexec ANIServer" the system reply

ERROR: Get reply from server failed:

ERROR: Daemon Manager startup in progress. Also, when we open the CiscoWorks,we can reach to login page. After login, there is only blank page.

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\campus\bin>pdShow ANIServer

Process= ANIServer
        State  = Failed to run
        Pid    = 0
        RC     = -1
        Signo  = 1073741823
        Start  = N/A
        Stop   = 6/30/2010 5:15:53 PM
        Core   = Not applicable
        Info   = Application failed or was registered incorrectly.

We really need help and we can't run our CiscoWorks since a week ago.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This is what I thought.  This file is corrupt.  It will need to be recovered from the registry (unless you have a backup).  If you have a backup, copy the backup into place, then restart Daemon Manager.  If not, contact TAC, and they can walk you through the procedure of restoring this file using the registry keys.

View solution in original post

You've changed your Service startup parameters, and this is breaking LMS.  You must NEVER touch the LMS Service startup parameters unless instructed to do so by TAC.

Change the startup parameter of each of the following services to Manual, then reboot the server.  LMS should operate correctly.

CiscoWorks Web Server

CiscoWorks ANI database engine

CWCS Cmf database engine

DFM dfmEpm database engine

DFM dfmInv database engine

DFM dfmFh database engine

CiscoWorks RME NG database engine

CiscoWorks Visibroker Smart Agent

CiscoWorks Tomcat

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the ani.log and ANIServer.log.

Hi Joe,

Here is the logs files.

Post your NMSROOT/lib/classpath/md.properties file.

Hi Joe,

Here is the md.properties.

This is what I thought.  This file is corrupt.  It will need to be recovered from the registry (unless you have a backup).  If you have a backup, copy the backup into place, then restart Daemon Manager.  If not, contact TAC, and they can walk you through the procedure of restoring this file using the registry keys.

Hi Joe,

We only have the windows backup before this problem happen. Is it possible to replace the whole CSCOpx folder and follows as your instructions? Anyway, thanks a lot for your help.

I would not do that.  I would just pull out the md.properties from the file system backup.

Hi Joe,

Here is the file from the backup. Is it good enough to replace. Thanks Joe.

Yes, this version is fine.

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for your kindness help. Now we can see the CW Home Page and ANIServer server is started. Really thanks Joe.

Hi Joe,

Now I can open the CW Home page but I can't go to "Topology Services". When I click this there is a error "server not found".

I typed these commands step by step.

>net stop crmdmgtd

>net start crmdmgtd

>pdterm ANIServer

>pdexec ANIServer

ANIServer start only a fews seconds and when I check the "pdshow" ANIServer is "failed" again. Please help.

Post the new ani.log and ANIServer.log.

Hi Joe,

Sorry for late post because of time difference. I'm afraid to say now I've the another problems. After I reboot the server, all of ciscoworks DbEngine can not start. "pdshow" command reply "ERROR: get reply from server failed."ERROR: Daemon Manager startup in progress. Please wait." Although I reboot again the server, these database engine still can't start. Please help.

You've changed your Service startup parameters, and this is breaking LMS.  You must NEVER touch the LMS Service startup parameters unless instructed to do so by TAC.

Change the startup parameter of each of the following services to Manual, then reboot the server.  LMS should operate correctly.

CiscoWorks Web Server

CiscoWorks ANI database engine

CWCS Cmf database engine

DFM dfmEpm database engine

DFM dfmInv database engine

DFM dfmFh database engine

CiscoWorks RME NG database engine

CiscoWorks Visibroker Smart Agent

CiscoWorks Tomcat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: