cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is packet tracer 5.1 or 5.2 enough to simulate all labs of CCNP exams?

siyadh2020
Level 1
Level 1

Now am practicing for BSCI and BCMSN.I don`t have any facility to do labs.

1)  Is packet tracer 5.1 or 5.2 enough to simulate all labs of CCNP exams..?

And i could find layer 2 switchs in packet tracer 5.1.

2) ip helper-address will support in layer 2 switches..?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Packet tracer 5.1 is good for practising labs for CCNP routing or switching and also you can try GNS3 for real time simulation of labs for CCNP and for your second question  L2 switch supports VLANs, but cannot route traffic from one VLAN to another without help from another L3 device to do the routing.

You will need to configure a trunk port to whatever device you use for routing, and configure the ip helper-address on each subinterface or vlan interface you setup on the L3 device.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Packet tracer 5.1 is good for practising labs for CCNP routing or switching and also you can try GNS3 for real time simulation of labs for CCNP and for your second question  L2 switch supports VLANs, but cannot route traffic from one VLAN to another without help from another L3 device to do the routing.

You will need to configure a trunk port to whatever device you use for routing, and configure the ip helper-address on each subinterface or vlan interface you setup on the L3 device.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Thank you Ganesh.H,

I installed GNS3,but it is asking to register with atleat one ios.so how we wil do that...?

Thank you Ganesh.H,

I installed GNS3,but it is asking to register with atleat one ios.so how we wil do that...?

Hi,

You need to have a ios to run the router in the GNS3 if you have cco account you can download or from other sources you can have it to run the router emulation succefully.

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: