Views
Helpful
Replies

Botnet traffic filter vs IPS

durgeshk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Please suggest me the advantage of using / whether it would be beneficial If I use botnet traffic filter feature of ASA in comparison to cisco IPS.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Dombek
Level 1
Level 1

I would prefer the IPS solution since you can handle a larger array of threats.

Last thing I know about the botnet filter for the ASAs this solutions is just denying traffic to known botnets - so it does not stop your PCs from getting infected just prevents that the "talk" to botnets.

With an IPS you could prevent infections depending on the way they arrive in your network and additional secure against other threats. So my vote would be for the IPS or if you can spare the money both

Cheers Michael

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Michael Dombek
Level 1
Level 1

I would prefer the IPS solution since you can handle a larger array of threats.

Last thing I know about the botnet filter for the ASAs this solutions is just denying traffic to known botnets - so it does not stop your PCs from getting infected just prevents that the "talk" to botnets.

With an IPS you could prevent infections depending on the way they arrive in your network and additional secure against other threats. So my vote would be for the IPS or if you can spare the money both

Cheers Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: