Views
Helpful
Replies

show version for Cisco Blocker

congking
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As I am not really tech savvy here, we curently have an issue where we need to verify a serial number for Cisco Blocker. However, customer said they did not have a show version and instead provided us with the system status information. However, from it, we cannot derive the correct serial either. Is anyone familiar with how to interpret the system status to derive the correct serial for Cisbo Blocker? Or are there other options the customer can give us to get the correct serial?

I am attaching the system status provided by the customer.

Thanks,

Cathy

Attachments
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BV277F1 is a valid serial for Cisco Blocker.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Cathy,

could you please ask the customer to enter the command 'version' on the Command Line Interface (CLI)? It will show the serial number of the Blocker device. If the customer has GUI access, then the serial number can also be found on System Asdministration -> Feature Keys on the top of the table. There's also a small sticker on the back of each appliance containing the serial number.

Also the provided PDF document contains the serial number. It is '00219BFCE303-BV277F1' as shown in the right column of the first table section (Version Information)

Hope this helps. If not, please lety me know.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply in the discussion forum.

For serial '00219BFCE303-BV277F1' we are not seeing this as a valid serial in any of our tools such as CSCC, Kbinfo/Maki tool. Will the PDF file provided be sufficient enough to softline or force it into a service quote? Also, what would be the correct product code for this?

Thanks,

Cathy

BV277F1 is a valid serial for Cisco Blocker.

Thanks so much for your responses!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: