Views
Helpful
Replies

Messages button giving "Service not configured" error

Nkechi Latunji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have created my voice mail ports, LG,HL and HP. I also created voice mail pilot and profile, assigning the pilot to profile and then assigning profile to the line of the IP Phone.

I can dial the pilot number and voice mail port numbers, but when I push the "Messages" button on the IP Phone, I get service not configured. I looked at enterprise parameters for messages and noticed that the URL was missing. Can someone post what the URL should be for messages under enterprise parameters?

Any other ideas as to why I am getting this error?

Cheers

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As there is no version I'll assume this is 8.X

Are phones subscribed to the VM phone service?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks. I am running version 7.0 and I have not subscribed phones to the VM Phone service. In 7.0 do I need to do this?

Update...Pushing the message button on my CIPC actually works, but not working on my 7965 and 7970 IP Phones. Same settings

Thanks

Did anyone find the answer to this issue?

I have a similar issue with a differrent service (one button login for ipcc).

When I hit the services button on my physical 7965 phones it states no services are configured.

If I press the services button on my CIPC softphone it works fine.

The 7965 is connected to a 3560 switch and a 2811 router.

The configuration is exactly the same for both phones and both phones are subscribed to the service.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: