Views
Helpful
Replies

Called Party Transformations not showing in DNA

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I am configuring a multi-country cluster and am following Cisco's "Globalize on Ingress, Localize on Egress" methodolgy.

I am using E.164 route patterns and want to strip the leading "+" and prepend the local international dialling code 00.

I have set up a Called Party Transformation plus CSS etc. and applied it to a gateway router. However, when I use Dialled Number Analyzer to test the dial plan (gateways are not yet in place) the called party transformation is not applied.

First question is does DNA correctly process this - can anyone with a suitable cluster setup do a quick test. If the answer is yes then any suggestions about possible problems would be welcome (I guess I would need to post more information).

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

James,

I had to recently test this out more myself and I found that transformations that are performed using "Called Party Transformations" applied on the gateway are not seen in DNA.  I am running CUCM 8.5(1) in my lab and tested with both H.323 and MGCP for the DNA output.  The only way I could confirm the transformation patterns were working was to do a debug on the gateway.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

craigjohnneeld
Level 1
Level 1

James,

You should see the Transformation Patterns using DNA. Have you applied your Called/Calling Party CSS to the Device Pool/VGW? Be careful to uncheck Use Device Pool XFORM on the gateway if you havent selected this at the Device Pool level.

You should see the following;

• Called Party Transformations
  • Called Party Mask =
  • Discard Digits Instructions =
  • Prefix =
  • Called Number =
  • Device :Type= MGCPE1PRIPort
  • Transformed Calling Party = 4922165076514
  • Transformed Called Party = 004922165076515
  • End Device Name = S0/SU0/DS1

Hope this helps, ping me if you need any further assistance.

James,

I had to recently test this out more myself and I found that transformations that are performed using "Called Party Transformations" applied on the gateway are not seen in DNA.  I am running CUCM 8.5(1) in my lab and tested with both H.323 and MGCP for the DNA output.  The only way I could confirm the transformation patterns were working was to do a debug on the gateway.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Yup, same thing I see as well.  You cant rely on DNA all the time, it really only gets you about 75 percent of the call and does not help with the rest.   Debug voice ccapi inout is your friend at the VG to see everything about the call.

Can I heckle Rob here?   +5 for David's answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: