Wplus Base Licence WLC 5500

Answered Question
Jul 5th, 2010

Hi, I have a WLC 5500 with Software Version, 6.0.196.0, License Level Base, according to the "Release Notes for Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Lightweight Access Points for Release 6.0.196.0", says that the base license includes all features present in the wplus license. In the monitor page from the WLC the Licence Level say "base", and when I go to Managment License Level, and I set the License Level to "wplus" a messages say: Setting wplus as next level failed. Only with the version of Operating system is enough to have the functions of Wplus Licence, although the level of license showing base license, in the monitor page of the WLC.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Leo Laohoo about 6 years 6 months ago

Cisco recommends you stay away from 5.X and 6.X code.  Upgrade to 7.X ... and as a bonus, OfficeExtend (useful if you have 1130 and 1140 LWAP) is now FREE!

Please don't forget to rate useful posts.  Thanks.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Leo Laohoo Mon, 07/05/2010 - 15:37

Cisco recommends you stay away from 5.X and 6.X code.  Upgrade to 7.X ... and as a bonus, OfficeExtend (useful if you have 1130 and 1140 LWAP) is now FREE!

Please don't forget to rate useful posts.  Thanks.

ricardorojas123 Tue, 07/06/2010 - 09:21

Thanks leolahoo,

Your indicate that in the version 7 these functions are operative,  but because the guide says that from version 6.0.196  they are available?

WPlus License Features Included in Base License

All features included in a Wireless LAN Controller WPlus license are now  included in the base license; this change is introduced in release  6.0.196.0. There are no changes to WCS BASE and PLUS licensing.

These WPlus license features are included in the base license:

Office Extend AP

Enterprise Mesh

CAPWAP Data Encryption

The licensing change can affect features on your wireless LAN when you  upgrade or downgrade software releases, so you should be aware of these  guidelines:

If you have a WPlus license and  you upgrade from 6.0.18x to 6.0.196.0: Your license file contains both  Basic and WPlus license features. You won't see any disruption in  feature availability and operation.

If you have a WPlus license and  you downgrade from 6.0.196.0 to 6.0.188 or 6.0.182: The license file in  6.0.196.0 contains both Basic and WPlus license features, so you won't  see any disruption in feature availability and operation.

If you have a base license and  you downgrade from 6.0.196.0 to 6.0.188 or 6.0.182: When you downgrade,  you lose all WPlus features.

Actions

This Discussion