Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6509 rebooted with crashfile

congvinhbien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Last Sunday, i have the Cisco 6509 in version 8.6(4) that rebooted without reason. And i saw there is crashfile generated for that reboot. I tried to search for software or hardware failure but could not see anything.

Can you help me please?

I attached the show tech and the crashfile of the equipment.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Vinh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Viral Bhutta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Error Msg:

PID = 43 SptBpduTx

Bus Error Exception (data) occurred

A data bus error occurs when a data load or store instruction results in either a parity error or memory access timeout. If the CPU attempts to access a memory location where no hardware is present, the system controller will force a data bus error exception to the CPU. Data bus error exceptions can be caused by a software bug or hardware problems.

Since you are already on 8.6(4)-latest CATOS code for SUP2, you either upgrade it to Native IOS or replace the supervisor (recommended if there has been multiple crash due to same reason).

For more details you might want to open a case with Cisco TAC.

Let me know if this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Viral Bhutta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Error Msg:

PID = 43 SptBpduTx

Bus Error Exception (data) occurred

A data bus error occurs when a data load or store instruction results in either a parity error or memory access timeout. If the CPU attempts to access a memory location where no hardware is present, the system controller will force a data bus error exception to the CPU. Data bus error exceptions can be caused by a software bug or hardware problems.

Since you are already on 8.6(4)-latest CATOS code for SUP2, you either upgrade it to Native IOS or replace the supervisor (recommended if there has been multiple crash due to same reason).

For more details you might want to open a case with Cisco TAC.

Let me know if this helps

Hi Viral,

Many thanks for your response. We'll put the chassis in observation and if it comes back, we'll replace the supervisor module.

Kind regards,

Vinh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card