Which CCIE Track should go?which one more valuable ??

Unanswered Question
Jul 5th, 2010

Hi,

I'm planning to go further on my certification path, i have CCNP and JNCIA for Security just need some advise on which track i should go if wanna go for CCIE.

thks alot

-gilbert

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Reza Sharifi Tue, 07/06/2010 - 18:49

Hi Gilbert,

Most engineers go for routing & switching, as this is really the base for all other certifications ie CCIE SP, Voice, etc...

When you go for SP or Voice, you still need to have a good undestanding if basic tecnology ie routing protocols, configuring switches, routers and etc...so you can configure the devices in the lab.

this is just my opinion and others my have a different view

HTH

Reza

Chetan Kumar Ress Wed, 07/07/2010 - 11:05

Hi Gilbert

I agree with reze what he told.

R&S is the base of every CCIE certification. But if you think that you have very stronge base & having other Knowledge like security or SP or Voice.

I really suggest you to go with other Certification rather than R&S. Having an Specialization is very good.

Being an unique among all engineer should be target.  As Tech is never binded with any certification.

Regards

Chetan Kumar

rgodden Wed, 07/07/2010 - 18:14

Which area do you enjoy the most should be the deciding factor rather than valuable as in money.

Chetan Kumar Ress Thu, 07/08/2010 - 08:55

Hi Rgodden

I really agree with you , But to learn new thing can change you mind, So as Tech change you enjoyment will change.

To know all tech is not possible but to know max tech is possible.

Regards

Chetan kumar

Actions

This Discussion