Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nac Upgrade

Hi,

Could you tell me the best way to upgrade cisco nac software from 4.1.3 to 4.7.2. What main issues i am likely to face when i do the upgrade?

Regards

Prasanth Mathews

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Prasanth,

You'll have to go to 4.5.x or 4.6.x, and then jump from there to 4.7.2. Make sure you take backups along the way.

Full details here: http://tinyurl.com/2bymy9q

HTH,

Faisal

View solution in original post

Prasanth,

Yes to number 1.

For going to 4.7.2 you'll have to use the .tar.gz file, NOT the ISO. If you use the ISO, you'll re-image your device. Also you have to run the .tar.gz upgrade script from the console and not in a SSH session!

HTH,

Faisal

Prasanth,

You're right. 4.7.1 upgrade is through ISO and the .tar.gz option isn't available. For 4.7.2, if you use the ISO then you reimage it. To upgrade to 4.7.2, you have to use the .tar.gz.

HTH,

Faisal

7 Replies 7

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Prasanth,

You'll have to go to 4.5.x or 4.6.x, and then jump from there to 4.7.2. Make sure you take backups along the way.

Full details here: http://tinyurl.com/2bymy9q

HTH,

Faisal

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Isn't it possible just to insert the 4.7.2 ISO cd and do an upgrade?

Regards

Prasanth Mathews

Prasanth,

Unfortunately no. If you insert a CD, you'll end up re-imaging it. Use the .tar.gz file from Cisco's site and be at 4.5 or 4.6 already before you go to 4.7.2

HTH,

Faisal

Hi,

Just want to confirm

1) Use cca_upgrade-4.6.1-NO-WEB.tar.gz first to convert from 4.1.3 to 4.6.1

2) Use the iso or cca_upgrade-4.7.2-from-4.5.x-4.6.x.tar.gz

Am I right?

Can I use cca_upgrade-4.7.2-from-4.5.x-4.6.x.tar.gz on the webpage to do the upgrade whn i upgraded the software to 4.6.1?

Regards

Prasanth Mathews

Prasanth,

Yes to number 1.

For going to 4.7.2 you'll have to use the .tar.gz file, NOT the ISO. If you use the ISO, you'll re-image your device. Also you have to run the .tar.gz upgrade script from the console and not in a SSH session!

HTH,

Faisal

Hi ,

Thanks again for making things clear to me.

Once I had upgrade the version 4.6.1 to 4.7.1 using iso cd. Using the option " upgrade over serial console"

Is 4.7.2 having different approach than 4.7.1??

Thanks Again

Prasanth Mathews

Prasanth,

You're right. 4.7.1 upgrade is through ISO and the .tar.gz option isn't available. For 4.7.2, if you use the ISO then you reimage it. To upgrade to 4.7.2, you have to use the .tar.gz.

HTH,

Faisal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card