Views
Helpful
Replies

AUX to Console config issues

tconstantin_01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have connected  2 routers from each aux port to the other's console port for remote access in case of router failure.

Apparently, this generates a few odd behaviours:

- Sometimes if one of the routers reloads, it goes directly to ROMMON. If i reload again  the router it boots ok

- I use TACACS authentication and authorization and i find in the failed attempts log a lot of "trash" entries, where the username looks like parts of messages from the login banner, or router console messages.

Has anybody else used this configuration and met these isues?

Do you know what types of messages are sent out the aux port during boot, and would they affect the other routers console port?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you have configured "no exec" under the aux port to prevent a local EXEC session from triggering a break on the console of the remote router.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the support. I saw that this command solves both problems because now I don't see any more the junk entries in the failed attempts, and before this command they were plentiful.

Best Regards!

TC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: