cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME/CUE across WAN link deployment

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

If I have CME 7.x and CUE 7.x co-located at one place (ex. Head Office).

From branch office which is across the WAN link, shall I register phones to head office CME across the wan link? Also shall I use all CUE features?

Is SCCP across WAN is fully supported on CME 7.x like CUCM server? Is there any limitation?

Pls. comment.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
From branch office which is across the WAN link, shall I register phones
 to head office CME across the wan link? Also shall I use all CUE 
features? Is SCCP across WAN is fully supported on CME 7.x like CUCM server?

There is no technical limitation that makes SCCP in CME different than in UCM. The phones/CME speak the same language and as such the same requirements apply: the WAN must prioritize the voice and signaling traffic.

Is there any limitation?

CME is not intended for multi-site deployments. It has no concept of locations to solve issues such as emergency calling (e.g. 911). Some small customers use remote VPN-connected phones with CME but I would not recommend multiple offices run off a single CME install.

Hello Jonathan

Agree CME call routing is not as sophisticated as CUCM, but technically is it possible with one CME at HO and branch phones will register with HO CME across the WAN.?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: