Views
Helpful
Replies

Additional PSTN on UC560

akaliptos
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

The issue arises when the number of FXO required is more than the 12 supported by the UC560, or there more than 6 BRIs accordingly.

What is, based on your experience, the most cost effective solution to support more than 12 FXO or 6 BRI.

Please note that unfortunately a PRI is not an option.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The SPA400 will not help you as that product was only designed to work with the SPA9000 IP PBX.  You might want to look at the SPA8800 that also provides four trunk lines.  While we have not explicitly tested and so do not formally support integrating the UC500 and SPA8800 yet, we have done so for the SPA8000, and there is a common code base in use between the two platforms.  As such, you should be able to make this work easily enough.  The UC500/SPA8000 configuration note is located at https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9465/.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

As far as I am aware this is the furthermost you can go with the UC5XX appliance, anything above that and I do not believe the system has the resources to cope with the hardware.

I could be wrong but I don't actually think they were designed for that many interfaces, if it was PRI which I read it cant be, you wouldn't have that problem.

For FXO, maybe an option could be the SPA-8000 series (8800 maybe?) that should give you more FXO ports, but not sure if this is an ideal situation or something you really want to do.

Maybe others might have better suggestions for you.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hmm... Talking about SPA... I think SPA400 does the trick.

Otherwise I need an ISR with voice interfaces which is somehow expensive... and then I start thinking of CCME.

The SPA400 will not help you as that product was only designed to work with the SPA9000 IP PBX.  You might want to look at the SPA8800 that also provides four trunk lines.  While we have not explicitly tested and so do not formally support integrating the UC500 and SPA8800 yet, we have done so for the SPA8000, and there is a common code base in use between the two platforms.  As such, you should be able to make this work easily enough.  The UC500/SPA8000 configuration note is located at https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9465/.

Cheers,

Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: