Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1130ag Multiple SSID & VLAN Tagging help

Ryanm1_00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On my computer I cannot ping the wlan router nor can I authenticate with the secure SSID.

I can connect to the unsecure SSID and reach the internet.

The switchport the router is connected to has trunking enabled for that port.The deafult vlan on the switch port is 1 though this shouldnt make a difference as all the traffic on the wlan router should be tagged

Router config attached.

Thanks in advance..

Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I see that your router is configured with a native VLAN of 2 on the interface connecting to the switch. Can you make sure that the native vlan on the switch side is also 2? (command is "switchport trunk native vlan 2"). It could be that the router is sending vlan 2 traffic untagged and switch is expecting it to be tagged. Hope this helps.

Regards,

NT

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I see that your router is configured with a native VLAN of 2 on the interface connecting to the switch. Can you make sure that the native vlan on the switch side is also 2? (command is "switchport trunk native vlan 2"). It could be that the router is sending vlan 2 traffic untagged and switch is expecting it to be tagged. Hope this helps.

Regards,

NT

No the default switch side is VLAN 1.

I'll try tweaking it

That was it..

I feel so stupid I missed that, I had noticed "other" traffic on vlan 1 when I was looking at it but it never clicked..

Thanks a bunch

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: