Views
Helpful
Replies

View Serial number of WS-C6K-9SLOT-FAN2 fan in a 6509

darragh long
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

Is it possible to see the serial number of a WS-C6K-9SLOT-FAN2 in a Cisco 6509?    I have two 6509s, each of which contains a WS-C6K-9SLOT-FAN2.

The first 6509 runs CatOS (version 8.6(1)) - I have tried 'show ver',  'show environment all', 'show module' with no success.   

The second 6509 runs IOS (s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH3a) - here I have tried 'show ver',  'show environment', 'show module' , 'sh idprom environment', 'sh idprom fan-tray detail' and again these commands have not shown me the serial number of the fan.

The 'sh idprom fan-tray detail' command works on a 6509-E running IOS (s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH3a - the same as the second 6509 above).

Can anyone tell me if there is a command I have missed, or if the WS-C6K-9SLOT-FAN2 fans even have a Serial number!

Thanks,

Darragh

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Darragh,

have you tried

show inventory

on the box running IOS?

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

thanks for your reply!   I have tried show inventory (Forgot to add it to the list, sorry!)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card