Views
Helpful
Replies

Proper syntax for copy run smb:

ciscocharger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco ASA and want to backup my config to a windows share.

I can't find any docs on the proper syntax for the "copy run smb:" parameters.

I'm promted for the address of the dest host and the dest filename....wher does the share auth info come in (smb://user:pass@server/share??)? do I use CIFS-like syntax for the share?...ie //sharename/folder?...

Can someone post a specific example on how to do this?

Thanks alot

M

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One of the ways you can backup the config to a specific share is by using TFTP and setting your share folder as the TFTP root folder. If you are using TFTPd32, set the working directory to your share folder where you would like to backup the configuration. Then go to the firewall and issue "copy run tftp." Follow the wizard and once the transmission is complete, you should have the file in your shared folder. You can also do this via ASDM. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One of the ways you can backup the config to a specific share is by using TFTP and setting your share folder as the TFTP root folder. If you are using TFTPd32, set the working directory to your share folder where you would like to backup the configuration. Then go to the firewall and issue "copy run tftp." Follow the wizard and once the transmission is complete, you should have the file in your shared folder. You can also do this via ASDM. Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card