cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Desktop Recording and Silent Monitoring with IP Communicator.

Reading through the forums I have seen several posts which make me think this should work, but I can't seem to get silent monitoring or recording using the agent desktop to work when the agent is connected through IP communicator.   Currently I have help desk agents using extension mobility to log into 7962s that are connected to thier desktops running agent desktop connecting to UCCX 7.01.  Silent monitoring and recording work fine with thier hard phones. When I install IP communicator on the PC and log into it using EM, the agent desktop takes control of the IPC just fine and will distribute calls to it, but my recordings are blank and silent monitoring from an supervisor station fails to initialize.  Is there something I am missing in the configuration that is special when using IPC instead of a hard phone?  Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Dennis Aston
Level 1
Level 1

What versions of Client workstation (XP, 2000, Vista, etc) and IP Communicator are we talking about?

The client OS is XP SP3 and on Communicator, I have tried versions 2.1.4 and 7.0.4.

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

Couple of things I've learned about the CIPC and monitoring/recording:

1. No named devices.  Use the SEP + Mac Address of the local Ethernet interface.
  2. Ensure the Ethernet interface can be put into permiscuous mode.
  3. Ensure you are NOT using a shared line appearance for the IPCC Extension.
  4. If you are using CAD to do the monitoring/recording, launch the CIPC before you launch CAD
  5. If you are using SPAN, ensure the CIPC RTP traffic will traverse the network where the SPAN interface is located.
  6. If you are calling phone-to-phone, know that the CIPC will attempt to negoitiate G.722.  UCCX cannot monitor/record G.722.  Set the region or call to the PSTN where you can guarantee a G.711 or G.729 call.
Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: