cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 - One Way Audio

PaulTIaciofano
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 9971 Phone registering via SIP to a CUCM 7.1.3 Server. I am running the latest software code, available from Cisco 9.0.3. I am having random issues as far as one way audio, after an outbound call is made at exaclty 15 minutes, I cannot hear my calling party, but they can hear me. This problem is only intermittant.  I do see the call active on my g/w, and when I look at call statistics on the phone I am rx and tx rtp packets. Has anyone experienced this problem ?

3 Replies 3

Allan Brenes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Paul,

Did you solved this issue? Do you have the same behavior with the video capabilities enable or disable?

Allan,

Yes, the fix was to change the CUCM SIP Session Expires Timer from the deafult of 1800 seconds to 86400. This timer is calculated at seconds/2. Changing this parameter to 86400 allowed us to have 12 hours before the CUCM SIP Session Expires timer engages and disconnects the call. Just as an FYI we are using Verizon SIP Trunkinking which terminate to a Cisco CUBE Router. If you are not using Verizon as your SIP Provider, I would check with your carrier to see what they recommend for the SIP Session Expires Timer.

Thanks

- Paul

Great!!! Thanks for the feedback Paul!!!