Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get ME3400 out to the internet.

beanfieldtech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I've just started on my CCNA studies and I've got an ME3400 that my boss has given me to play around with.

He would like me to update the software by connecting to a TFTP server but I can't seem to get it going.

I've got port 1 hooked up to our LAN and set-up to pick up a DHCP address and its grabbing one.

I've added the default gateway and set it to the ip that port 1 is picking up.

what else am i doing wrong?

2 Replies 2

Hi,

If you connect your computer to the Internet instead than the switch, the computer gets Internet?

If so, the switch should get access too.

When the switch gets an IP address, do a traceroute to 4.2.2.2 and see where the packets end.

Federico.

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Guys,

I've just started on my CCNA studies and I've got an ME3400 that my boss has given me to play around with.

He would like me to update the software by connecting to a TFTP server but I can't seem to get it going.

I've got port 1 hooked up to our LAN and set-up to pick up a DHCP address and its grabbing one.

I've added the default gateway and set it to the ip that port 1 is picking up.

what else am i doing wrong?

Hi,

In order to have internet access via ME3400 you need to have nat implemented in ME3400 for local lan address and if you want to upgarde the ios of ME 3400 check out the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3400/software/release/12.2_35_se/release/notes/OL11487.html

For natting check out the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094e77.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card