Views
Helpful
Replies

One Phone, Two DN's, VM on both?

ROBERT ISAACS
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon all,

First the housekeeping, I am running CUCM 7.1.3, Unity 7.0.2 and have 7965G phones for the most part.

Now what I want to do. We have a Help Desk function with one number and a person maning the desk with a separate DN. I have put the Help Desk DN as the first line on the phone with associated VM info. I have put the person's personal DN on the 2nd line with the appropriate VM info.

Now what happens. When you call the Help Desk number and it rolls to VM it gives both of the greetings back to back and the actual VM goes to the 2nd line DN's voice mail box.

Is what I am trying to do possible? I want to have the Help Desk person with one phone. When someone calls the Help Desk extension and get no answer I want it to go the Help Desk VM only, play the Help Desk greeting, and record the actual VM on the Help Desk VM account (the manager wants to be able to get to that when the person is out to lunch etc.). When someone calls the Help Desk operators personal DN I want the call to go to the individual's VM greeting and to record the message in their VM box.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

RI

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For the help desk subscriber what do you have under the "after greeting" action?

Take a message? or are you sending it to another subscriber?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For the help desk subscriber what do you have under the "after greeting" action?

Take a message? or are you sending it to another subscriber?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: