cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Integration Issue

Bryan Tye
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a customer who is trying to integrate their Interactive Call Center system with Unity Connection 7.1 system.

The problem is I can get traces showing

Calling number: xxxxxx3900

Called Number: 104800 (voicemail pilot)

Redirect number: xxxxxx3902  Reason: 2

The setup is:

I3 System -->  Audiocodes M1000 Gateway --> T1 (ISDN Switch Type NI) --> ISR 3825 --> CUC (via CUCM 7.1)

I can validate the call gets to Connection but it is seen as a Direct call and Not a Forwarded call.

I am missing something but cannot find anywhere what is needed exactly to have Unity classify the call as a "Forwarded Call".

Now--- here is the catch... the client wants the 39xx range of the DID to go to their call center, but use the UC as their voicemail.  So technically, the 39xx range does not exist as DNs in the CUCM.

Looking for assistance.

Let me know what else you need to help.

Thanks In Advance!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity is going to act upon how the call is fowarded to Unity. So if callmanager marks the call as Direct then Unity is going to treat the call as direct. If callmanager marks the call as forwared then unity is going to treat the call as a forwarded call.

So the question is going to come more down to how is Callmanager is set to send this call to callmanager.

For instance if you use a CTI Route Point and configure to Call Forward All to Voicemail then the call should come to Unity as a Forwarded Call.

Now if you create something like a translation pattern and translate to the voicemail pilot then it's going to be marked as a Direct call.

So, my question is how is Callmanager specifically setup to send the call to Unity Connection?

Thanks,

Scott

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity is going to act upon how the call is fowarded to Unity. So if callmanager marks the call as Direct then Unity is going to treat the call as direct. If callmanager marks the call as forwared then unity is going to treat the call as a forwarded call.

So the question is going to come more down to how is Callmanager is set to send this call to callmanager.

For instance if you use a CTI Route Point and configure to Call Forward All to Voicemail then the call should come to Unity as a Forwarded Call.

Now if you create something like a translation pattern and translate to the voicemail pilot then it's going to be marked as a Direct call.

So, my question is how is Callmanager specifically setup to send the call to Unity Connection?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the reply.  I understand your your point,

After thinking and trying again, I am back with a simple question:

What is needed for unity to say a call is forwarded or not?  Is it simply a redirect in the header?   This is the crux of my issue.  If I can find out what is needed to unity to make this determination, then I can adjust properly or at the very least tell the customer the current requirements they have created are not going to work.

Thanks in advance!

It is the Callmanager that determines the Call Type.

In the Callmanager traces you will see:

callType=3(Forward) for a Forwarded Call

callType=2(OutBound) for a Direct Call

So based on how the Callmanager marks the call determines how Unity Connection is going to process.

If there is still confusion I would recommend opening a TAC case.

Update:  Resolved the problem by using a CTI Port configured with an open DN prefixed with a identifying "#" key: "#XXXXXXXXX"

This DN is then CFWD to VM via a matching "XXXXXXXXX" VM profile.

This accomplished the act of getting the call through Cisco manager as a forwarded call using the "called" number as the guide for routing.

This was fairly simple but I got caught up trying to make it harder than it was along with trying to work within the client's requirements.

Thanks for the info Scott!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: