cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Manage Bulk scanning\upgrade of branch switching infrustructure.

Paul.Killington
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys Im new here so please go easy....!!

We have a lot of Cisco Kit Access Points Storage Switches, Core Switches Switches and branch switches.

Now every thing in our Data Centre has been kept tickitety boo, and the routers at our branch sites well the management there is outsourced so has already been taken care of.

HOWEVER:

The Remote WAN switches have never been patched or firmwared or anything but i need a couple of pointers to begin with please..

Ive tried  Network Assistant which dosnt seem to be too usefull.

We have about 48 different subnets which i would like to scan whiuch tool would be best to do this with..

TIA

Paul

1 Reply 1

ccarring
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

What do you want the scan to accommplish, provide Inventory type data?

I think SmartCare might provide what you're looking for. Either that, or LMS. Those are Cisco-focused apps that include vresion and config management pieces covering memory, versions, compatibility, bug reports, and Secuity (PSIRT) information so you can keep everything in line.

I think the alternative usually involves some scripting and using features of IOS such as EEM. If you have the time for some administrative overhead of designing your own NMS tools... newer IOS features are really cool!

Curtis