UCCX 7.0 upgrade to v 8.0. Custom reports are migrated also?

Answered Question
Jul 7th, 2010
User Badges:

Hello,

I have in plan to upgrade a UCCX 7 system to 8 and my concern is weather custom build reports are migrated also. I know you can build custom reports in version 8 as well. In fact, what I don't know is if during the upgrading process from SQl to Informix DB keeps the custom stored procedures build especially for the reports. And if so, will the reports still be functional? Same tables, same DB schema etc. And also could they use the same templates we created in Crystal reports or not.

Thank you,

Octavian

Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 6 years 10 months ago

Hi

I've not verified this myself yet, but I would strongly suspect that it would not.

It's likely  that your MSSQL SPs will require some editing so that Informix can use them (there are dedicated tools out there for this job, but even they don't claim to do this automatically 100% of the time) and that's not something Cisco will be helping you with very much.

Regards

Aaron

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Thu, 07/08/2010 - 10:24
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi

I've not verified this myself yet, but I would strongly suspect that it would not.

It's likely  that your MSSQL SPs will require some editing so that Informix can use them (there are dedicated tools out there for this job, but even they don't claim to do this automatically 100% of the time) and that's not something Cisco will be helping you with very much.

Regards

Aaron

octavian.dumitrescu Fri, 07/09/2010 - 00:24
User Badges:

Yes, I suspect the same. This definitely needs testing and proper backup to SP and templates before upgrade.

Thank you for your reply Aaron!

Aaron Harrison Fri, 07/09/2010 - 00:34
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

No problem.

If you have access to either new server hardware, or VMWare for the upgrade, I would get your software ordered, and build a small lab with UCCX8.0. You can then get your SPs ported and tested fully, as well as all your UCCX scripts which might require some modification (due to use of Windows style file paths or various other things).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

octavian.dumitrescu Thu, 05/12/2011 - 01:47
User Badges:

UPDATE:

No it doesn't migrate anything.

And it's a bit of a pain to convert MS SQL procedures to Informix procedures (routines as they are called) but you have to do it manually. Some fields changed in some tables. Check database schema document. I used AGS server studio for this but SQuireL can be used also.

Seriously analyze if it isn't easier to start developing the reports from scratch.

The .xml report files also need some modifications in syntax for calling the procedure on the server

GMT offset doesn't work as in UCCX pre 8.0. UCCX keeps all historical data in UTC time. I modified the GMT offset in crystal report template to display the correct time.

Actions

This Discussion