cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to add Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951.

Jamil Hussain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a Cluster of Cisco Unified Communicatio Manager Version 7.0.2.20000-5  (Publisher and Subscriber) .

I have  Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951 and i want to add this.

Kindly Advise me how i can add this new cisco unified IP Phone 9951 in CUCM.

Best Regards

Jamil Hussain

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jamil,

Your version of CCM ie CCM7.0 does not have a device pack for the 9900 series phones. You need the CCM 7.1upgrade DVD for this. After the upgrade you can then go to cco to dwonload the required patch. Please contact a skilled personel or a cisco partner if you do not have the skills to do this.

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jamil,

You will need 7.1(3a)su1 at a minimum

Cisco Unified IP Phone 8900 and 9900 Series

Before using the Cisco Unified IP Phone with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, you must install the latest firmware on all Cisco Unified Communications Manager servers in the cluster.

Note You can install Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1(3) or 7.1(3a). After you install one of these releases, you must install Cisco Unified Communications Manager*** 7.1(3a)su1. ***

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_1_3/cucm-rel_notes-713a.html#wp1754557

Cheers!

Rob

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

If 9951 is not available as a phone model on CUCM 7.0.2, you need to upgrade CUCM.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Yes 9951 is not available as a phone model on CUCM 7.0.2.

I need to upgrade CUCM or Device Package.

And if i need to upgrade first i need to install  7.1(3)  and then 7.1(3a)su1.

Please reply

Best Regards

Jamil Hussain

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jamil,

This is shown as a direct upgrade path from 7.0(2) to 7.1(3a)su1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp194692

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob

I need to Purchase 7.1(3a)su1 or I can download it from software section from cisco.com.

And also one more thing i have a running environment well during upgrade it will affect my previous confugration ?

j.ceron
Level 1
Level 1

We have CM 8.0. when We tryed to add 9951 phone it also doesnt appear in phone list.  what we need to put this phone in device list ?

Regards

Juan Carlos

Hi Ceron.

Could you please tell me the procedure for adding 9951 Phone in the device list.

How to add the phone in device List.

Does it supports same for Cisco unified Communication Manager Version 7.0.2.20000-5.

Regards

Jamil Hussain

Jamil,

Your version of CCM ie CCM7.0 does not have a device pack for the 9900 series phones. You need the CCM 7.1upgrade DVD for this. After the upgrade you can then go to cco to dwonload the required patch. Please contact a skilled personel or a cisco partner if you do not have the skills to do this.

Please rate all useful posts

Dear aokanlawon

Thanks for your reply.

I was just confirming about the device package if its supporting  in CM Version 7.0.

Otherwise i can handle this task.

Regards

Jamil Hussain

Hi Good day to all

I have successfully upgraded CUCM 7.1(3)su1.

I have switched the version to new but received this error message after upgrading.Before i have uploaded the licence file for system and it was 2 one for PUBLISHER AND ONE FOR SUBSCRIBER.

Phone License Feature is ok but CCM Node License  Status is Showing Missing

Licensing Warnings:
System is operating on insufficient licenses. Please upload additional license files.

I have attached the snapshot for licence report.

Please advise.

Hi all

I have successfully upgrade CUCM to 7.1(3a)Su1 From 7.0.

Now i am able to see the option for Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951 but when i added the phones i got error message on Phone " Unable To Connect".

I check the device default Configuration and found in the Load information of 9951 AND 9971 IS EMPTY.

I am not able to register my phone because of LOAD INFORAMTIN is empty.

Kindy assist me to sort out this issue.

Waiting for a favourable reply.

Regards,,,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: