cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Speech Connect guest user licensing

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I have set up Speech Connect on Unity Connection 8.0(2b) and have a question about importing or manually adding non-inbox users to the Speech Connect directory. From the sparse documents on this feature for Unity Connection it appears that you need to license the server per user to allow this. I have been able to import users from AD and manually add them, but the Corporate Phone Number field is grayed out and blank. We currently don't have any guest licenses installed.

Does anyone know if by adding guest licenses the Corporate Phone Number field would be either filled in during an AD import or editable if adding a user manually?

Thanks,
Mark

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For non-subscribers, you need to purchase the appropriate amount of licenses for guest directory user access.  The SKU is:

Speech Connect Guest User for Cisco Unity Connection

(for names in the company directory that do not have a Cisco Unity Connection user license)

UNITYCN-SCGUEST

I believe the use of contacts ties into this as well.  When you create system contacts in Cisco Unity Connection Administration and enable them to be listed in the directory, they can then be accessed by users from the Connection directory. This allows callers to transfer to the extension of the system contact.  I would try that first to see if it allows you to add a contact and enable them for directory access.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: