IDSM2 login Problem

Answered Question
Jul 7th, 2010

Hi every one.we have a router 7613 with two configured and running IDSM2's in slot 3 and 4.for some reason i changed one of my idsm2's slot and put it in slot 2.now when i reload my 7613 and when idsm2 comes back online when i try to login to idsm2,non of my usernames and passwords work for login to idsm2 .in this case if i issue command hw-module module 2 reset HDD:1 and reload only my idsm2 ,then when module comes back online every thing is ok and i can login to my module.this strange thing happens with every IDSM2 module that i insert it to slot 2,i dont know what is wrong with my router or i better say my routers slot 2?

Correct Answer by Farrukh Haroon about 6 years 7 months ago

This is most probably because you have the bootvar configured for that slot incorrectly (I guess through the 'hw-module boot' command)

Regards

Farrukh

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
blackhat2020 Wed, 07/07/2010 - 10:47

thanks Blayne,

actually i was checking log files and i saw that when i was loging to idsm2 it was saying that module is in Maintenance mode!! why is this happening to every module that i put in slot 2 i mean if i remove the module and put it in an other slot it will boot normaly not in mantenance mode??? is this slot problem or something else, i dont know why my router puts each IDSM2 module in mantenance mode when they are in slot 2???

Correct Answer
Farrukh Haroon Thu, 07/08/2010 - 05:06

This is most probably because you have the bootvar configured for that slot incorrectly (I guess through the 'hw-module boot' command)

Regards

Farrukh

Actions

This Discussion