cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

solution for switching access

diogogoncalves
Level 1
Level 1

Someone can help me with the best solution for switching access? I need 24 or 48-port 1Gbps and 100Mbps over 130 ports with PoE. If posivel connect the switch's with stack. I thought a solution with Cisco Catalyst 2960S-48LPS-L for PoE and Cisco Catalyst 2960S-24TS-S for the links without PoE.

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In my humble opinion, the only selling point of the 2975 is the stacking ability.  This function has been "rolled over" to the 2960S.  I'd choose the 2960S over the 2975.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For stackable solution, you need to look into the 3750 line.

Regards,

Edison

Edit: Disregard my previous reply.. 2960S is a fine solution for your needs.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Edison,

Hate doing this online because my intentions could be mis-interpretted.  I'm just wondering why you recommended the 3750 as a stackable solution?  I'm just curious because the stackable solution aside from the 3750 are the 2975 and the newer 2960S.

Maybe you know something?

Hi Leo,

Your intentions aren't misinterpreted and thank you for your post. I often don't recommend 2975 as an option but mea culpa on the 2960S. I must have missed the announcement for this product. Thanks for bringing it up

Regards,

Edison

Hey Edison,

Thanks for the response.  Honestly, I don't know how long will the 2975 be before it gets canned.  Particularly when it's functions can be found in the new 2960S.

Best Regards

Hi

Thanks for your reviews, I'll choose the 2960S.

By the way, before the 2960-S, you already don't recommend the 2975, why?

Regards

In my humble opinion, the only selling point of the 2975 is the stacking ability.  This function has been "rolled over" to the 2960S.  I'd choose the 2960S over the 2975.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card