Helpful
Replies

Routing beetween company branches

pwolsza_wolfik1
Level 1
Level 1

I have 6 routers like on this configuration:

routing.PNG

First I want to connect from LAN of the routers rout 1,2,3 to the servers (192.168.179.4-9) behind CH2.

For second I want to connect from LAN rout 1 to the computers in the LAN rout 3 and rout 2.

How configure routing ?? Shoud I use static or can I use dynamic (Cisco 871) ???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First I want to connect from LAN of the routers rout 1,2,3 to the servers (192.168.179.4-9) behind CH2.

For second I want to connect from LAN rout 1 to the computers in the LAN rout 3 and rout 2.

How configure routing ?? Shoud I use static or can I use dynamic (Cisco 871) ???

Hi ,

As you know static routing is configured by the network administrator and is not capable of adjusting to changes in the network without network administrator intervention. Dynamic routing adjusts to changing network circumstances by analyzing incoming routing update messages without administrator intervention.

So better to go with dynamic routing protocol configuration,check out the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/850/software/configuration/guide/routconf.pdf

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think dynamic routing protocol would be better as that will ensure shortest path to the destination. Also, it will provide redundancy in case one of the links fail. Seems like 871 certainly supports RIP (V1/V2). So, that should not be a problem. Only thing you need to make sure is that you run the routing protocol over the VPN tunnel to ensure proper network convergence.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

NT

Note: Please do not forget to rate useful posts.

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

As you know static routing is configured by the network administrator and is not capable of adjusting to changes in the network without network administrator intervention. Dynamic routing adjusts to changing network circumstances by analyzing incoming routing update messages without administrator intervention.

So better to go with dynamic routing protocol configuration,check out the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/850/software/configuration/guide/routconf.pdf

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Thanks for suggestions.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card