cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Only one Available AXL Service Provider showing up?

dave.dockendorf
Level 1
Level 1

I just did a fresh install of IPCCX 7 along with a two server cluster of CUCM 7.  During the installation of the IPCCx application, you set up the AXL Service Provider Configuration.  On my other cluster both of my CUCM servers appeared and are usable, but on this cluster, I only have the Subscriber available.

Anyone have some insight for me?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well - I've never seen that happen before :-)

The only thing I can think up at the moment that I guess may cause it (clutching a little here) is if there is some name resolution issue between the UCCX and CCM?

I'm thinking if you have (under System/Servers in CCMADmin) the servers listed by name, and UCCX is therefore trying/unable to find them by name? If that is the case it may be worth adding each of the CCMs name/IP entries to the hosts and lmhosts (not lmhosts.sam) files on each of your UCCXs.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the AXL service active and running on both servers?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that.  Yes, the AXL service is running on both my Publisher and Subscriber.

Have you completed the setup wizard?

If so can you screen grab your System/Unified CM Configuration screen in AppAdmin?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes, setup is complete and server is actually working (scripts running fine).  The server is not in production until next week, so I want to figure this out.  I am just trying to avoid starting over.

Here is the screen shot of the Unified CM Configuration page.

Just to put it out there, the users referenced above exist on both Call Managers.

Did I miss a spot during setup of the CRS application to enter two addresses for AXL provider?  I only remember it allowing one IP address and asking for a username and password.

Hi Dave

No, you didn't miss anything - as I recall it prompts you for resilient CTIManager connections for RM and JT, but not for AXL. Either way, you can change all that from the screen you grabbed.

Oddly, you have one server in each of the boxes where I would expect you to have two (or at least one in 'selected' and one in 'available')

If we assume for a minute we aren't hitting a bug of some sort, what should happen is that the UCCX server reads the available servers and the services running on each server, and if a server is running something suitable is should appear for selection.

Currently everything will stop working if :

1) You change the CCMAdministrator password (it's good practice to create a dedicated 'service' application user for UCCX, and give it just 'AXL' access rights and put that in where you have CCMAdministrator in your screen grab).

2) The single CCM referenced in the screen has a problem.

What we need to do is verify for definite that all the correct services are started on CCM. Can you go to the CCM Serviceability service activation page for each of your two servers, and verify what is enabled on each?

Regards

Aaron

Publisher:

Sub:

Well - I've never seen that happen before :-)

The only thing I can think up at the moment that I guess may cause it (clutching a little here) is if there is some name resolution issue between the UCCX and CCM?

I'm thinking if you have (under System/Servers in CCMADmin) the servers listed by name, and UCCX is therefore trying/unable to find them by name? If that is the case it may be worth adding each of the CCMs name/IP entries to the hosts and lmhosts (not lmhosts.sam) files on each of your UCCXs.

Aaron

So...."adding each of the CCMs name/IP entries to the hosts and lmhosts (not lmhosts.sam) files on each of your UCCXs." was the ticket!

Thank you Aaron

I really appreciate your help.

Ah - good to hear. Was a shot in the dark :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: