Simple Question about DB Read step - CCX7.0

Unanswered Question
Jul 7th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi...

I am doing a new setup of integrating Oracle 11g with CCX7.0... I am using the same old script from IPCC 3.5...

Now, ODBC is done, refreshing the scheme is done, inside the DB Read step I am able to see the table\view correctly, I am seeing the fields assigned to this table, but when I select my target table and save it...exit and re-enter again, I found nothing .. just a blank field...this is not Normal because in my IPCC3.5 I am still able to see what had been selected.

What did I miss?

Regards

AT

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
HowYee Tue, 12/06/2011 - 17:40
User Badges:

Hi,

I thought Oracle 11g is not supported in CCX7.0?

Thanks,

HowYee

HowYee Tue, 12/06/2011 - 18:54
User Badges:

Hi Gnan,

Thank you for your reply. Will the coming UCCX 9.0 supports Oracle 11g?

Thanks,

HowYee

adham_tahoun Tue, 12/06/2011 - 21:49
User Badges:

Hi,

Reference to Cisco, it is supported with 8.5 but they didn't update their documents yet.

AT

HowYee Tue, 12/06/2011 - 22:24
User Badges:

Hi AT,

That's weird, cisco just reply me that 11g is not supported. How come there are two different views from cisco, which should I trust?

If you're using 11g, which jdbc should I download for CCX?

Thanks,

HowYee

Gajanan Pande Tue, 12/06/2011 - 22:35
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

How Yee,

I see only one confirmation from one Cisco employee & what he mentioned is correct. The Oracle 11g compatibility is not yet declared as supported officially AFAIK, as it is still under testing.

Adham,

Do you have an official confirmation from Cisco on what you said ? If yes, I'll approach the documentation team to reflect it soon.

GP.

HowYee Tue, 12/06/2011 - 22:40
User Badges:

Hi GP,

Thank you for the clarification, this is really confusing. Will the coming CCX 9.0 support 11g?

Thanks,

HowYee

Gajanan Pande Tue, 12/06/2011 - 22:46
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

You are welcome How Yee.

I am not sure but as I read the communications flowing internally, it will most likely be supported with UCCX 9.x. This however might change but will be officially confirmed in 9.x release notes whenever it does ( mostly by early summer 2012 ).

Please rate the post if it helps.

GP.

adham_tahoun Tue, 12/06/2011 - 22:46
User Badges:

Then we are in a big problem

Because we have built a whole project based on their confirmation.

Gajanan Pande Tue, 12/06/2011 - 23:03
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Sorry to hear that but if someone from Cisco had confirmed you, perhaps its indeed underway. May be you should seek double confirmation. Please be kind to keep the community informed too.

So far, from the documents available, Oracle 11g is not yet supported.

Please rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Actions

This Discussion