Packaged software with the installation disk.

Unanswered Question
Jul 7th, 2010
User Badges:

My computer is running Windows 7, 64 bit.

I  bought a WVC210 system. The CD that came with it installs a program called "backup system.exe".

What is it for?

Anyway, I can not run it "backup system.exe"  because I fail the user name and password question.

I thought it was the default adim/admin.

Another program that was installed is "DBTOOLS", it does not run. I get a "software installation not found" error.

Another program that was installed is "Main Console   "  I get   "Can't properly load database template. Please re-install" error.

Using the initial set up program, I can find the camera and run the viewer through a browser.

backup.png

DBtools.png

MainConsole.png

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
RobertColwell Fri, 02/04/2011 - 17:30
User Badges:

I seem to be having the same problem, and as far as I can tell, the poster's question was never answered. I've tried the packaged software on a 64-bit Windows 7 system, and a 32-bit Windows 7 system, and both exhibit the same problem. I can see the camera output in a Google Chrome web browser, but no audio, if I navigate directly to the camera's IP address. But the prepackaged monitoring software is just not installing correctly, or running correctly, and I don't know what to do about it. All clues welcome.

RobertColwell Fri, 02/04/2011 - 17:57
User Badges:

This is definitely Windows 7 related. I just tried my Windows XP laptop and it loaded the Small Business Video Monitoring System just fine. Windows Vista has been out for years; is it really true that Cisco is purposely shipping a product with software that doesn't work for Vista (and by extension, Windows 7)? Please tell me there are plans to remedy this absurdity.

mpyhala Sun, 02/06/2011 - 11:41
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Robert,

Please see the following post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3279290#3279290

Quoting myself:

"I have successfully installed the software on Windows 7 64 bit. Windows 7 detected an incompatibility and used Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode. The software seems to work fine."

Try using the compatibility mode and also right click and "Install as Administrator" (Right click the .exe installer file). If you continue to have problems, please post a screenshot of any error message you see. I have seen most error messages and I can usually tell what the issue is based on that.

You may already know this but for the benefit of others audio only works in Internet Explorer because an ActiveX control needs to be installed. IE is the only browser that supports ActiveX.

Please reply and let us know if this helps or if we can assist further.