cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset baud rate to default on 1841

ross-parkinson
Level 1
Level 1

Cannot access console baud rate has been changed by customer and I have tried all the standard ones 1200,2400 ect, have tried the J7 baud jumper on the mother board....?

13 Replies 13

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In ROMmon, use the command "unset BAUD".

Please don't forget to rate useful posts.  Thanks.

I cannot see rommon as the console is set to an unspecified baud rate/ settings...

Don't need to "see".  Boot up the 1841 without a CF in it, count to 10 and type the command in and hit enter.

If I see garbled text comming from the console port when I try to type unset BAUD it will be garbled going back in.

Nope.

Seems like your customer might have set baud rate of 115200. Have you tried that speed?

Regards,

NT

It works with 115200 thanks

Thanks...

I also had same problem. After changing baud rate to 115200, the problem get solved.

it is a framing thing If I am sending 9600 8-1-N and the router is sending 4800 7-1-E then I will recieve garble. When I type unset BAUD it recieves 2j1l2j3l, an this is not a valid command.

I need some information regarding a jumper settings that will allow defaulting of the serial port to 9600 8-1-N

I have tried all the speeds listed in the cisco manual, I have also tried the

7-1-E 7-1-O ect

Seems like there is no documentation available publicly that outlines the jumper settings on 1841. The only way seems to be to use different combinations and see if that helps. One question I did had was are you directly connected to the router or are you connected via a commserver? Also, what client you are using to access the router? You could probably try Putty and see if that helps.

Regards,

NT

I have tried jumper combination/s on the mother board to no avail, I am accessing direct (console to PC), I need to access rommon to delete the config, as it has been returned from the customer. I can access the console via putty but customer changed username and password as well.

Antonio Brandao
Level 1
Level 1

same issue, how i reset user jumper 7 ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco