Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Device Discovery Issue

haidar_alm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I've been working on installing a fresh copy of CiscoWorks in our lab at work, I've done this 3 times and everytime it worked, however, this time I'm scratching my head and would appreciate some help/advice please.

This is a list of the software that's running:

• LMS 2.6
  • CiscoWork Common Services 3.0.6
  • Campus Manager 4.0.13
  • CiscoView 6.1.5
  • Device Fault Manager 2.0.13
  • Integration Utility 1.6.0
  • Resource Manager Essentials 4.0.6

Everything seems to be runing fine, however, when I click on Camupus Manager Administration under system status it shows that 0 Devices under Device Discovery.

Under Data Collection I have 3 Devices shown, now I've had to manually add these 3 devices in Common Services. I can do everything I want to these devices using CiscoWorks, my only issue is that CiscoWorks is not automatically dicovering these devices and I'm having to manually add them one by one!

User Tracking Aquisition shows 30 End Hosts as well, so everything is working apart from Device Discovery

I've checked the Seed file, Community Strings, and everything that I believe is related to the discovery process and it's identical to our leave live network which is working fine!

Am I missing something? Please help

1 Reply 1

haidar_alm
Level 1
Level 1

I've just managed to solve this.

I've made two changes:

1. I've used the physical address of our core as a seed device in addition to the loopback address. Didn't work with only having the loopback address in there.
  2. I've checked the (discoverysnmp.conf) file and for some reason it didn't have the right Community strings that I had on the GUI. I've updated this and it seems to be working.

Not sure if both done the job or the first point?!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: