cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CALL WAITING/BUSY NOTIFICATION

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

We are using call manager 6.1.1.3 and its running fine but just a small option which i am not able to find is when i am on phone and some body calls me he hears ringing tone where as i m busy on some other phone. So the users assumes i m not answering the calls. If someone can please tell me from where i can enable this option that if someone is busy the caller shold get the busy tone where as called party should get a notification. Thanks a Ton in adv.

Jatin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Go into the line appearance on the phone and scroll down to where you see "Multiple Call/Call Waiting Settings on Device (mac address)" Then set your busy trigger to a "1".

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Go into the line appearance on the phone and scroll down to where you see "Multiple Call/Call Waiting Settings on Device (mac address)" Then set your busy trigger to a "1".

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

THANKS TRACY THANKS A TON

now the called party is not getting and kind of notification that some one called .. calling party gets to know that the called party is busy . but called party should get a notification (flash/beep) so that called party should get to know that some one called....

Thats essentially how it should work. If I call you and you are on the phone and only want to handle one call, then the person calling should hear a busy signal and you being on the phone and not wanting another call, should hear nothing. Now if you want to know that someone is calling you, then you need to increase the busy trigger to "2", the person calling is not going to hear a busy signal because if the person accepting the call has the option to know that someone is calling then they should have the option to pick up the call. I guess i dont understand the need for someone calling to hear a busy signal and the person that is on the phone wanting an indication that someone is calling them when they still cant do anything to pick that call up and accept it.

thanks tracy for the nice explanation ...

but what i think of this is say for an example my reception phone is busy with some call and if some senior or boss or some important client called on that number the receptionist should get to know who called and she can put on hold the first call and attent the second call. and if she dont want to entertain the second call then again no one will say its her fault becoz she was busy with call call and calling party will hear busy tone and not the ringing tone. This is how it works on Mobile on INDIA. if this is not possible with cucm not an issue but this is what we call in INDIA a call waiting option where both the parties gets notified about the call & once the called party gets free from the ongoing call he can call back to the number.

check if this is possible

Another option you could play with then is adding each of the people to a "Pickup Group". Within the pickup group there are options that would display who is calling who visually on the phones that are in the pickup group when the call comes in. If the visual method is not enough then you can also enable an audio alert that accompanies the visual alert. This may help you accomplish what you are trying to get.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: