Views
Helpful
Replies

Lookin for a NMS such as CiscoWorks network management software

eclipse81
Level 1
Level 1

hi everybody

I 'm lookin' for CiscoWorks network management software or equivalent on support section on cisco website support.

I want it to configure snmp on my catalyst 2950 and get some results likes input and output traffic rate on my catalyst, all trafic generated by equipment connected on my catalyst with some details likes equipment ip, input and output trafic rate, graph and son on.

I don't find it on the cisco website so I think they'll have an equivalent on the website but I don't know .

If someone has an idea or a link...

Thank you

5 Replies 5

jonathanaxford
Level 3
Level 3

Hi there,

The Solarwinds ORION product range is pretty good at this sort of thing and tends to eb a bit cheaper. In fact, there are a number of free tools on their website that you can try out.

http://www.solarwinds.com/products/freetools/?INTCMP=2HPTabMap_2Free_ExploreTools

The Free network device monitor may well give you the answers that you seek,

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Jonathan

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi everybody

I 'm lookin' for CiscoWorks network management software or equivalent on support section on cisco website support.

I want it to configure snmp on my catalyst 2950 and get some results likes input and output traffic rate on my catalyst, all trafic generated by equipment connected on my catalyst with some details likes equipment ip, input and output trafic rate, graph and son on.

I don't find it on the cisco website so I think they'll have an equivalent on the website but I don't know .

If someone has an idea or a link...

Thank you

Hi,

If you want equilvalent software for snmp monitoring then as suggested tools like solar winds ad Nagios are freeware tools which is good and can do effective monitoring of device with interface utilization and erros and also provides graphs and also can give alert information in case of any failure of interface of device.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/monitoring-windows.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Hi Serge

CACTI is as free ware tools that you can use for monitoring purpose.

It give you all graphically output of bandwidth utilization .

http://www.cacti.net/

Regards

Chetan Kumar

Hi and thanks everybody,

I'll try  this week each tool you gave me to monitor my network and will give you the result for the best one for me.

Just add also this freeware MRTG which I think do the same thing.

Regards

Hi,

MRTG are best for network devices interface bandwidth utilization and

reporting and alert mechanism for any failure with error reporting on

interface of network devices.

As it is free ware it will be useful with all vendor support also.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

=====

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card